Hello there! I'm not sure how you ended up here but thanks for visiting this page!
This is entuland (Francesco S. Carta) and the purpose of this page is pretty simple: tell you that, if you want, you can support me with a donation through https://paypal.me/entuland
You can also consider buying me a game on steam https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/entuland or on some other platform.
- Slay Something
(your name / nickname will appear in the above list only if so you wish)
Asking such donations begs for at least two questions: why does entuland need others' support? what is entuland doing for the Internet community to deserve support?
The answer to the first question is that I'm unemployed, like anyone else I need to eat, buy clothes and pay bills, simple as that.
The answer to the second question is... nothing really. What I mean is that what I do for the Internet community is purely done for my own fun and satisfaction, I surely don't do my thing to make you feel like you owe me anything.
Okay, so what is entuland doing for fun? Here is a list of things I've done in the past and that I'm currently doing (listed in very rough chronological order, newer stuff at the bottom of the list):
- Over the years I frequented some IRC channels, mainly ##php, #drupal and #drupal-support, plus some other generic channels, to help people out with programming and with Drupal. Sure thing, I got my large share of help myself, and that's part of what motivates me in trying to help others out.
- Around 2006 I created the documentation for the open-source game Rocks & Diamonds: http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/manual
- Around the same time I also created some additional levels for that game: http://spazioinwind.libero.it/entuland/rnd/index.html (the links to the actual levels are all broken in that website but I should have them laying around somewhere, drop me an email if you want to get them, not sure if anyone is still interested in them)
- I shared a couple of Visual Basic utilities: http://spazioinwind.libero.it/entuland/utils/index.html (I don't think I still have the source of those project, but if anyone is interested I may try and find them)
- That's also about the same time when I started learning C++ and using the SDL library, with which I created two programs reachable here: http://fscode.altervista.org. The source code for the TriangleCenters program can be found here: https://github.com/entuland/trianglecenters
- In 2007 I've self-produced a 19 tracks album that you can get for free: http://entuland.com/indie2007
- In 2014 I forked and modified a GetSimple plugin on github: https://github.com/entuland/FormSimple
- In the same year I created a guide to introduce and teach some basics of programming using FMSLogo: http://entuland.com/it/libri/fmslogo (the guide is only available in Italian). FMSLogo is a variant of the Logo programming language, both of them lend themselves very well for teaching programming to non-English-speaking people and to young people.
- In 2017 I've fiddled with Python and shared an IRC bot (yep, yet another IRC bot): https://github.com/entuland/fogibot
- In the same year I've managed to get a decent gaming desktop PC and stumbled on Creativerse, a voxel-based game that got me hooked pretty bad. That's where I spend most of my spare time right now. The contributions I've made to the Creativerse community can be found from my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/entuland - just click in the various links of the Creativerse section there
- In addition to the above, I've created a few web-based tools for Creativerse, shared on github: https://github.com/entuland/creatisign, https://github.com/entuland/creatisprites and https://github.com/entuland/creaticount
- I recently discovered about Minetest, an open-source voxel-based game engine, for which I created some mods: https://github.com/entuland/wesh, https://github.com/entuland/imaging and https://github.com/entuland/tpad
That's pretty much all there is to it. I know, that's not a lot of stuff, plenty of people around have made way more and way better than me. As you surely know very well, life happens: over the years I worked here and there, changed interests, got and lost inspiration and the above is more or less the result so far.
The purpose would be to continue doing what I do for fun (making music, creating tools and documentation for games, creating videos and whatnot, who knows what stuff I'll get to know about tomorrow) and in order to do that without halting here and there to get a living in other ways it would be cool if I could get support from people around the world that happen to like what I did and intend to continue doing.
Here is, thus and once more, the link you can use if you feel generous and want to share with me: https://paypal.me/entuland - or, as above, https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/entuland
Thanks a lot for your attention, wish you lots of fun and feel free to ping me anytime: email@example.com
Francesco / entuland